The Supra iBox is an electronic keybox that is placed on listings and holds the listing’s keys.
The iBox can be accessed using a Supra eKEY®, ActiveKEY®, or DisplayKEY®. Please refer to the user instructions provided with your key for information on operation.
The iBox uses infrared technology to communicate with Supra keys. When interacting with the iBox, the distance between the key and iBox should be less than a foot when using infrared. Direct sunlight can interfere with infrared communication, so you may need to shade the area between the iBox and key.
The iBox has a key container and can hold up to three listing keys. Use the chain inside the key container to attach the listing keys. Before closing the key container, verify that all items are well inside the key container. Do not place loose items in the key container. If you are a listing agent, always make sure you have a spare set of keys before closing the key container.
To close the key container, turn it so the compartment holding the keys is facing you. Insert the key container into the bottom of the iBox and push up on the key container until it clicks and latches.
Each iBox has a shackle code that releases the shackle for installation or removal at a listing. To remove the shackle completely, repeat the release shackle procedure.To replace the shackle, line up the shackle and push down until it clicks into place.
You never need to replace the battery in the iBox because it uses a long-life lithium battery. No maintenance is required and the battery is designed to last the life of the product — a minimum of six years.
When removing the shackle on the iBox, your key will display the current battery level in the iBox. The battery level is also sent to the Supra data center and can be viewed on SupraWEB.
Care of the iBox
- Always hang the iBox in a vertical position and place it where moisture from rain or snow cannot run into the key container. Avoid hanging the iBox where sprinklers or faucets will spray the key container.
- The iBox is designed to operate in temperatures ranging from -40°F to 185°F.
- In extremely hot climates, place the iBox in the shade to prevent it from becoming too hot, which may reduce battery life.
- In extremely cold weather conditions, place the iBox where it can be protected from precipitation.
ActiveKEY, DisplayKEY, eKEY, iBox, and SupraWEB are registered trademarks of UTC Fire and Security, Americas Corp.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules for Class A devices. Operation is subject to the following conditions:
- 1. This device may not cause harmful interference.
- 2. This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.