Reverse Prospecting is a search that the seller’s agent performs to see if there are any buyers in Paragon that:
- 1. Have a saved search, that if it were run, the selling agent’s selected property would be one of the results.
- 2. The buyer has been opted in for reverse prospecting by their buyer’s agent.
Reverse Prospecting allows the seller’s agent to be pro-active in finding buyers for their listings. Although performed by the seller’s agent, the buyer’s agent must “opt their buyers in” for reverse prospecting and associate a saved search to the buyer for this Reverse Prospecting to work.
Running a Reverse Prospecting Search:
- Click Contacts and Reverse Prospecting to begin your search for buyers for your listing.
- A list of listings will appear. Depending on your agent security level, you may have the option to select My Listings, My Office Listings, My Firm Listings or Other Agent’s Listings.
- Select the listings you want to review and click Update.
- A new set of results will be displayed.
- Clicking the listing’s ID will display basic information and the primary image for the listing.
- Clicking anywhere on the line (except the ID) will select the listing for reverse prospecting.
- In the Days Back field, you can enter a value for the number of “days back” to search for to show only the prospects, within the entered days back value, that your match your selected listing.
- Clicking Count will display the number of prospects that match with your listing.
- Click Search to see the buyers’ agents that have prospects that match with your listing.
- Your reverse prospecting search will yield two (2) types of results:
- Your Prospects – you can see their real name, phone number and E-mail address so you can contact your own prospects directly.
- Other Agents’ Prospects – You can see the other agents’ contact information (phone number and E-mail address) and only the nickname or alias of the prospect.
- For these prospects, you are NOT authorized to see their real name and contact information. You are referred back to their buyer’s agent for follow up.
- Clicking on either your prospect’s or the buyer’s agent’s E-mail address will open a modal allowing you to select up to five (5) reports to send with the E-mail.
- When you have finished selecting the reports to send, click E-mail to open the E-mail template.
- You can compose your own E-mail message using the rich text editor or you can use the default E-mail message.
- When you have finished composing your E-mail, click Send.
Opting your Prospect in for Reverse Prospecting:
As a buyer’s agent, you must “opt” your prospect in for Reverse Prospecting. When you “opt” your prospect in, you do not compromise your exclusive relationship with your prospect. The seller’s agent must still work with you. Paragon only gives your contact information to the seller’s agent on the Reserve Prospecting search report.
- Click Contacts and Add Contact to enter a new prospect and opt them in for Reverse Prospecting.
- Enter contact information, check the box next to Use Reverse Prospecting and enter an alias or nickname for this prospect.
- When you have input this prospect’s contact information, click Save.
- The Contact Manager Wizard opens.
- Click Add New Saved Search to associate a saved search with this prospect.
- Click the appropriate property class link to open the search criteria template.
- A modal window opens with a recommended name for your prospect’s associated saved search. You can change the name to anything you want, as long as the name does not already exists or contains special characters.
- When you have the desired saved search name, click Save.