Make the most of your Windows Start screen tiles by adjusting the sizes, where they are located, and what is listed.
Navigating your Tiles
- Use your mouse wheel to scroll left-to-right through your tiles.
- Any Desktop shortcut or program can be pinned to the Start screen by right-clicking the icon and choosing Pin to Start.
Moving & Customizing Tiles
- Move any tile by clicking and dragging the tile. While moving a tile, if you need a larger view of the Start screen move the tile towards the top or bottom of the screen to zoom out.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the start screen is a magnifying glass with tiles, click this icon to get a zoomed out view of your Start screen. In this view, if you right-click on a group of tiles you'll be given the option to name group, which can be useful if you have a group of related tiles (e.g. games). In this view, you can also click and drag a group to organize your tile groups.
- Create a new speed bump between tile groups by moving a tile to a speed bump.
- Resize any User tile or Live tile by right-clicking the tile and choosing resize.
- If there is a tile you want on your Taskbar, right-click the tile and choose Pin to taskbar.
- Show admin applications on the Start screen by clicking Settings in Charms, click Settings, and change the Show administrative tools from No to Yes.
- In Internet Explorer 10, you can also pin any of your favorite web pages to your Start Screen.