CCAR approved the MLS Rule & Regulation addition of 12.8.1 Advertising of Listing in Printed Neighborhood Market Report which went into effect August 11th, 2015. This MLS Rule was included to provide the framework and guidelines in which a MLS Participant or Subscriber can include another Participant or Subscribers Active and/or Pending listings in Printed Neighborhood Market Reports. In addition to the new MLS Rule, CCAR added a new data field to the Paragon 5 MLS. This new field "Printed Neighborhood Rpt" is a required field for listing input and allows listing agents to opt-in or opt-out on a listing by listing basis. The MLS Rule is below for your review followed by step by step instructions detailing how to find the listings in the MLS in which the listing agent has opted-in to the Printed Neighborhood Market Reports.
12.8.1 Advertising of Listing in Printed Neighborhood Market Report. Subject to the conditions set
forth in (a) through (c) below, as well as throughout these Rules, Participants and Subscribers may
include the listings of others in their printed “Neighborhood Market Reports.” The “Neighborhood
Market Report” is defined as an advertising and/or information sheet (typically appearing in the form of a
postcard, flier or newsletter) compiled by and/or for use by a licensee which sets forth a list of home
activity in a particular neighborhood area. Advertising appearing in newspapers, magazines or other
classified forms is not included in the definition of “Neighborhood Market Report” and is not authorized
by this Rule 12.8.1.
(a) Consent. A listing broker may refuse to permit others to advertise his listing in the “Neighborhood
Market Report” (i.e. “opts-out”) on a listing by listing basis. Participants and Subscribers are not
permitted to include listings in their Neighborhood Market Report from which listing broker has opted out
and will be responsible for verifying that they have permission to advertise all listings contained in their
Neighborhood Market Reports. Nothing in this section shall preclude a Participant or Subscriber from including Sold Properties in their Neighborhood Market Report even if the listing broker has “opted out” (reference Rule 12.7).
(b) Allowable Listing Content. Broker Participants and R.E. Subscribers may include only those portions
of the MLS compilation consisting of the following: property address (and whether attached or detached),
status, price, number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, number of garages (and whether attached or
detached), square footage, lot size, year built, tract or development name, and if there’s a pool. Display of other fields, as well as confidential information and photographs, is prohibited.
(c) Each “Neighborhood Market Report” shall include the following disclaimer:
Based on information from the ___________________ /Association of REALTORS® (alternatively,
from the ____________________ MLS) as of _____ (date the AOR/MLS data was obtained). All data,
including all measurements and calculations of area, is obtained from various sources and has not been,
and will not be, verified by broker or MLS. All information should be independently reviewed and
verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information.
Searching & Exporting Opted-In Listings
- Log into the Paragon 5 MLS - http://maxebrdi.paragonrels.com/
- Run a search for the listings in the area you are wanting to market to.
- When viewing your search results in a spreadsheet view click on the "Customize" icon on the action bar and select "Fields".
- Locate the "Printed Neighborhood Rpt" field in the "Available" list on the field preferences menu and select the field by clicking the "checkbox".
- Then click the "Add" button located in the center of the field preferences menu which will move the field to the "Selected" section on your field preferences menu.
- Once you have the field in your "Selected" section of the field preferences menu you can move it's location on the spreadsheet by utilizing the "Move Up or Move Down" buttons in the center of your field preferences menu and click "Save".
- The newly selected field "Printed Neighborhood Rpt" is now visible on your spreadsheet.
- Next, you can sort the listing data on your spreadsheet by clicking on the header of the "Printed Neighborhood Rpt" column.
- Once sorted you can select the listings you want to include in your "Printed Neighborhood Rpt" by clicking on the checkbox of each listing. Then filter by clicking on the "Checked" button located on the action bar.
- Once filtered by utilizing the "Checked" button you can export the listing data by clicking on the "Export" button on the action bar. Followed by "Export to CSV".
- Once the Export to (CSV) Excel menu appears click on "Export".
- Once your computer has downloaded the the (CSV) excel data you can provide that MLS Listing Data to your marketing team or marketing company for inclusion in a "Printed Neighborhood Report"